Community Libraries of Providence has meeting rooms available to the public on application when these rooms are not needed for library purposes. These rooms are for non-commercial purposes and are open to organizations or individuals engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, civic or charitable activities. Room availability is contingent upon there being no conflict with library programs or meetings.
The CLPVD Administration and/or the Board of Trustees reserves the right to determine use of the rooms, to assess fees for use of the rooms, and to cancel or reschedule all arrangements, at its discretion, with or without cause or reason, and without liability.
Each organization requesting use of the meeting rooms must abide by the meeting room, and CLPVD's behavior policies. Failure to do so will result in cancellation or refusal of reservations in the future. Use of the rooms does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies and/or beliefs by the Library.
- No group or organization using the meeting room will discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, or handicapped status in the provision of services.
- No admission fee may be charged, contributions solicited, or dues collected for the benefit of the group using the facility. Voluntary contributions to CLPVD may be accepted. Other exceptions would be in the case of paid registration at conferences or institutes, held in cooperation with the Library, or payment of fees for regularly scheduled education courses sponsored by nonprofit organizations.
- No product or service may be sold, except in the case of payment for materials required for educational or group discussion use with the express permission of the CLPVD Administration and/or the Board of Trustees.
- All publicity for meetings held in the Library must carry the name of the organization or individual sponsoring the meeting. The Library may not be identified as the sponsor.
- Groups may not use the name or address of any Community Library as the official address or headquarters of the organization.
- Youth organizations using meeting rooms must provide adult supervision at all times.
- Library or library-sponsored programs have priority over other uses of the meeting rooms.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved up to 3 months in advance by submitting a Meeting Room Request form.
- If a meeting is canceled, the Library should be notified as far in advance of the date as possible. Any organization that is a “no show” for two scheduled meetings may have its meeting room privileges revoked or suspended.
- The Library provides equipment such as tables, chairs, a lectern, and a portable chalkboard. Other equipment may be available at the library’s discretion; check with the Library Manager. Room set-up and equipment requests must be made when the room is reserved.
Use/Care of the Rooms
- Groups may serve food and beverages at meetings, at the discretion of the Library Manager; however the Library does not furnish equipment or supplies.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Programs must end 30 minutes before the library closes.
- Groups are responsible for leaving the rooms in good order, paying for any breakage, damage to library property, or any unusual expenses incurred by the Library as a result of the meeting.
- The Library is not responsible for security or storage of property owned by groups using the Library, nor is it responsible for damage or loss of property of others.