You are here
CLICK HERE TO RESERVE MUSEUM PASSES
Museum Passes at the Community Libraries of Providence are provided by Friends of the Library groups.
HOW IT WORKS:
- ***Please reserve passes by clicking here for the date you plan to use them. You must have a valid Ocean State Libraries library card with less than $5.00 in fines to reserve a museum pass.***
- Passes may be reserved up to two weeks in advance here.
- Passes are for general admission and may not cover admission to special exhibits or programs.
- Each family is allowed up to two different passes per week, but one per day.
- Paper discount coupons may be picked up and digital codes emailed one week in advance.
- The overdue fine on a returnable pass is $5.00 per day.
- Borrowers are responsible for the replacement cost of lost returnable passes. Cost varies by museum.
- In addition to the passes listed below, we also offer a $5 reimbursement each for up to 4 tickets purchased from the following museums: Battleship Cove, Blithewold Museum, Ecotarium, Pequot Museum, Old Sturbridge Village, and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
- Please submit this Reimbursement Form along with an uploaded image of your full receipt. Reimbursement checks will be mailed to the address given.
AT THIS TIME, WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING PASSES:
Boston Children's Museum
Boston, MA ~ (617) 426-6500
- Summer hours: Sunday - Saturday: 9:00am - 12:00pm and 1:30pm - 4:30pm
- Starting September 5: Open Wednesday - Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm and 1:30pm - 4:30pm.
- Online timed ticket purchase required. General Admission (Ages 1+): $18, infants under 1 year are free.
- Pass is good for half price admission for up to four (4) people.
- Reserve paper or emailed pass here.
Museum of Fine Arts Boston
Boston, MA ~ (617) 267-9300
- Open Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Saturday: 10am to 5pm. Thursday & Friday: 10am - 10pm. Closed Tuesday.
- Children 6 and under are free. Each pass allows 2 adults for $10 each (special exhibition + general admission) and up to 4 children 7 – 17 $10 including special exhibition).
- Reserve a library pass for the date you plan to visit the Museum. You will receive an e-voucher.
- After reserving pass here, patrons will be able to use the e-voucher code in advance to reserve discounted general admission or exhibition tickets online. General admission tickets are no longer timed-entry, but special ticketed exhibitions require a timed-entry ticket. We strongly recommend reserving a ticket in advance.
- If purchasing same- day tickets in person, you must present an email from the library with the code to receive the discount.
Museum of Science
Boston, MA ~ (617) 723-2500
Open Sunday through Saturday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, with timed entry every 15 minutes.
Reserve a pass in the system for the date you plan to visit the Museum. Your email confirmation from the library serves as your pass. If you have any questions or would like to reserve your Exhibit Halls passes in advance to avoid waiting in line the day of your visit, please call 617-723-2500 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily).
1. This pass will admit up to 4 people at a 50% discount on tickets to the Museum’s Exhibit Halls. Children under 3 are not included in the count of 4 and are always admitted for free.
2. Your pass can only be used on the date printed on the pass.
3. Please bring your library pass confirmation when you visit.
4. Stop at the Box Office when you arrive at the Museum to exchange your library pass and purchase your Exhibit Halls passes at the discounted rate.
If you are not able to show your Library confirmation on a phone, please request a paper copy of your confirmation at the library.
New England Aquarium
Boston, MA ~ (617) 973-5200
- Summer hours: Monday - Thursday: 9am - 6pm; Friday: 10-8; Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 6pm
After reserving your pass here, you will receive an e-voucher
E-voucher cannot be used for online purchase of tickets for the Aquarium. Bring printed e-voucher or show email with e-voucher to purchase tickets at the box office. You are guaranteed admission with the discount pass.
50% off full price admission for up to 4 people. Children under 3 continue to receive free entry.
Providence Childrens Museum
Providence, RI ~ (401) 273-5437
- Tuesday - Saturday: 9:30am - 12:30pm & 1:30pm - 4:30pm.
- Admission is half price per person up to 4 people.
- Reservations are available online. A limited number of walk-up tickets will be available.
- All staff and visitors ages 2 and up must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times. No exceptions can be made to this policy. Bandanas and neck gaiters are not acceptable mask substitutes.
- Pass can be picked up at the library 1 day before going to the museum and must be returned the day after your visit. Overdue fine is $5 per day, replacement for lost card is $100.
Providence, RI ~ (401) 454-6500
- Tues/Wed/Sat/Sun: 10am -5pm; Thu/Fri: noon - 7pm; Sundays are always free.
- Admits 2 adults. All children 18 and under are free.
- Passes are available for pick-up at Rochambeau and do not need to be returned to the library.
- Call to reserve: 401-272-3780 ext. 3.
Roger Williams Park Zoo
Providence, RI ~ (401) 785-3510
- Open daily from 9am - 4pm.
- $3 discount for any combination of up to 4 adults, seniors, or children.
- Call Library to get discount code.
- Must reserve timed tickets online with discount code.